Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wedding Veils


I am in search of the perfect birdcage veil. My dress has too much detail to cover with a long, traditional veil so the obvious choice is for a chic birdcage veil. I LOVE the look of them; it's a unique and fashion forward look and of course, I am attempting to have the most non-traditional wedding ever. Just like with a traditional veil, there are a ton of options for birdcage veils: short to cover the eyes, medium length to cover the nose or full length that cover the entire face; jewels, crystals, colors and netting type; flashy brooch, pearls, feathers or other attachments. Where do I even start!??! Not only are there a million and one options but there aren't a lot of stores that carry them and if they do, there is never a huge selection. With an extensive design, getting a custom veil can take months so I won't have a chance to pick out a design while wearing my dress. I'm hoping that the designer I chose to make my veil is creative enough to use a picture of my dress to create the perfect birdcage veil.


No comments: