
WE'RE COMING BACK TO TEXAS!!!
I cannot really explain why but I can assure you that New York is not God's plan for our lives. We over came some hurdles to get here but were faced with many more when we arrived. From the tough job market that kept me continually searching to the crazy high cost of living, we always knew that this would be a temporary move. So now, with 8 months of being New Yorkers behind us, we are coming home!!
There have been a few changes with Clint's job so we had about 7 days to pack and get ready to head home...to Austin...where it is 65 degrees!!! Woohoo, we get to miss the most brutal part of New York's winter :)
This situation is bittersweet; I have been obsessed with this city from the day that I got here. I love the public transit, I love the intensity, I love the stores, restaurants and bars. I am so good here but the most important thing in life is lacking and that is finding a church. It is a different world up here in regards to religion; some churches want to be so open and inviting that they almost seem to fall off track. I miss preachers like Ed Young who will preach God's word without worrying that he may "offend" someone. We greatly miss the community of having a church home. Our pastor in Austin, Mac Richard, did a sermon on the importance of community and New York did not have that for us and we are very excited to get back to our Lake Hills family!
It has been an amazing extended vacation. For those who have visited and spent a small fortune, can you imagine how that is our life? It cost more to cook at home that to go out, the average beer cost $7 and those great restaurants that you hear about are filled with $30 entrees, but with a city that has everything, how can you stay in at night? We have had so many amazing experiences: eating at some of America's finest restaurants; going out in infamous bars with histories of housing gangsters or being a speakeasy; being surround by the most beautiful and daring architecture in the world; and mostly, just being constantly surrounded by people and amazing opportunities. I mean, we got married here!! New York City will always hold the most special place in our hearts and we will be back someday, but only to visit ;)
Now, on to Austin!!! Also, one of our favorite places to be!! We have made so many amazing friends in Texas and I cannot wait to get back to them...and to bring my favorite New Yorkers to ATX to see the sun ;)
Cannot wait to see all of our family and friends! Love you all!
-Lacey and Clint

1 comment:
Yeah for me!!! I'm know it is tough for you though. Love you! Let me know if I can help.
Post a Comment