Monday, November 29, 2010

Lacey Goes Hunting...kind of

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

This past weekend Clint and I spent Thanksgiving with his family at their ranch in San Angelo. Clint grew up hunting; they all did, even his 12-year-old nephew got a deer (pictures below). Well this was my first experience "hunting". Clint's family had a wonderful house at the ranch that was burned in a wildfire about 2 years ago so they are rebuilding...which means we slept in portable Morgan building and ate meals in the cook-shack. Now the cook-shack was awesome; it was a perfect kitchen and best of all, it was INSULATED!! The bunk-houses were not but never fear, Clint radiates heat so I slept surprisingly well and toasty :)

We had Thanksgiving dinner on Friday afternoon and did afternoon hunts every day...I can not do the morning hunt at 5am when it's 25 degrees outside; baby steps people.

We took some amazing pictures but when I was finally comfortable enough to let Clint actually shoot a deer, we didn't see anything; boo.

The last two pictures are from Millersview...that's right, Clint's great-grandfather donated land and help founded a town. Take that Ivanka Trump ;)

McManus! This is a family name and Clint's middle name.


Longhorns...if you can see it, the black one in front is angry; he thought we pulled up to feed him, not just photograph him.


Warm and ready to hunt...in style ;)


Momma doe and her yearlings...I wasn't okay blatantly shooting a momma!


Can you guess the fate of this little guy? Mean sucker.


BEAUTIFUL sunset


This buck hung out with us for about 30 minutes but we wanted a doe, better meat.


Clint's nephew got a doe and she helped secure Muna's (Clint's mom) toiletry bag :)


Going to Millersview!


Edward D. Miller, Clint's great-grandfather
(his name is at the very top)

1 comment:

Kacie.Whigham said...

Lacey goes hunting...about as likely as Kacie goes hunting...Glad you survived the wild!