Monday, January 4, 2010

Name Change




This post could most obviously be about my name change, from the social security office to the DMV, it was a process to go from Devlin to Miller BUT this is about our wonderful bulldog. Formerly known as 'Perdy', our girl is now to be known as 'Mackey'. There are a few reasons behind this, first, Perdenales is great, Perdy is reacted to as, "Aww, 'cause she is so puuurdy!!"

No, we did not name her 'Puuurdy' so that we could sound as Texan as possible, we named her Perdenales but that's too long to say. Also, 'Perdy' never grew on me; Clint liked it but I just couldn't stand it. Bulldogs have creative, fun bulldog names and 'Perdy' wasn't doing it for me. So we discussed and decided that she could go by a shortened version of her middle name, McCombs so Mackey it is! Not only does it refer to her middle name but 'Mackey' stems from my family's name, McDaniel; from Bob Mackey, the glitzy designer (we do have a girl dog); and from Mack Trucks, they have a bulldog symbol!

So the short of the story, I am now a Miller and Perdy is now Mackey!! YAY!! I love it :)

1 comment:

Kacie.Whigham said...

Too weird, Lace. But, if she's ok with it, I'm ok with it. I was wondering what the deal was, b/c of the pictures on Facebook. I thought someone had brought a "guest" dog to your house named Mackey. Love the yellow, by the way!