Those of you who know me, know that this was a dream! Those of you who know New York, know that there is no way we would go any where near Times Square. It looks great on TV, doesn't it? All of those people performaing, the 1 MILLION people cheering and the big, beautiful Swarovski ball...it only looks great on TV because you are tucked into your cozy, warm home, not stuffed into a quadrant, that the NYPD has set up, that you can't leave, in 15 degree weather, trying to find a bathroom or...yeah, eww. So no, we didn't go to the ball drop but we did go to a fabulous, private party in a ballroom at the famous Woolworth Building. It is such a beautiful, ornate building so as an architecture enthusiast, I was just excited to get inside :)
We were there with a great group of friends, all dressed up and we had a blast!! They played the Jay-Z song "Empire State of Mind" at midnight, which was perfect, and we all toasted to the New Year. One reason that I loved it, I got to be part of the first group in America to celebrate the New Year! I know that it sounds silly, but I have always wanted to be on the East Coast to bring in the New Year, and I finally got to do it!
Clint and I look forward to this being our first full year of marriage and we are excited about our life together; exploring this city, and all of its wonders, has been amazing for us :)

No comments:
Post a Comment