Friday, August 21, 2009

The Legendary Barney's Sale

The view from when I walked in

Racks of shoes :)

Bins and racks of clothes


There are few words to describe the cluster of chaos that was/is Barney's sale. I almost missed the entrance as it is the backdoor loading entrance to the store/warehouse. I then walked down a long white hallway, where I stood in line to get in, and then checked my purse; not because I had to but because I need my hands to be free. At first entrance, there are racks and racks of the most beautiful shoes, everything from Manolo Blahnik to a more trendy Marc Jacobs and to my personal favorite and obsession, Christian Louboutin. Then there were the wonderfully chaotic racks of clothes, some grouped by designer, some just by clothing type but it was a glorious showing of silks and satins, colors and design...so beautiful :)

Now, the sale was fun, or at least a good New York experience, but 75% off of $2,000 is still not in my budget. Most of the shoes were still over $300 and I looked at dresses and coats that still had a $1,000 price tag. I did walk away with a chic, pewter Marc Jacobs dress that I will be wearing for the rehearsal dinner and some fabulous jeans for $50! Although you still need a great big bank account to shop the sale, it's fun to watch women literally dive for clothes or, in my experience, watch you pick up something and then ask if you really want it...love it!

No comments: